Semolina Shortbread


This Semolina Shortbread may appear like a plain Jane but believe me, taste-wise she rocks!
I just love how it melts in your mouth and yet crunchy enough for you to nibble on the tiny semolina that  leaves you with a nice buttery taste in your palate.
I suggest you use a good quality butter cos its definitely worth it .
This fantastic recipe is from Delia Smith.  I love all her cookies, she really delivers. 
The only changes I made was I used a rectangle cake pan.

175g plain flour

75g caster sugar
175g block butter, at room temperature
75g fine semolina
a little extra caster sugar

Pre-heat the oven to 150°C.


Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and rub together until crumbly. 
Bring together to a dough, using your hands.

Transfer the dough to the prepared tin and press it out evenly, smoothing it out with the back of a tablespoon. 


Prick it all over with a fork.

Bake the shortbread  for 1 to 1¼ hours until it is pale gold. 

Allow the shortbread to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before cutting it into 12 rectangular shape. Sprinkle with some sugar.

Let in cool in a rack. Store in a air tight container.


Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts