Peanut Butter Cookies


My husband loves peanut butter.  There are days when he would scoop a large dollop of peanut butter and lick it. 

I was a little reluctant to try out this Peanut butter cookie since I have to scoop out half a cup from his precious bottle for this recipe but went ahead and baked. 
Wow.. am speechless...cos I'm munching and munching.

I know he'll thank me for this cookies.

1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
sugar for sprinkling, optional


Preheat oven to 170°C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.

In a large mixing bowl beat the peanut butter, butter and both sugars, until light and fluffy.  Add in the egg and vanilla.

Gradually add in the flour mixture. Stir until dough forms.

At first I used a small ice-cream scoop and  drop rounded balls of dough (about 12 ) onto prepared cookie sheet. 


Baked for 12 minutes, until edges are slightly browned, and remove from oven.


I noticed the cookies spread very little and stayed rounded. I extended another two minutes of baking time.



For the next batch I split the ball into two and rolled it. Placed it in the parchment paper and gently pressed it down with a fork.

Baked it for 12 min and Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets before transferring cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

This turned out perfectly.

Store in an airtight container, that don't really apply cos they won't last that long.


Enjoy...jue
recipe from novice chef

Comments

Popular Posts