Apple Pie Filling


I love cooking apple pie fillings for variety of pastries and have it stacked in my freezer anytime I want to bake.  This versatile apple filling is ideal for an apple strudel, apple cake or even in a apple crumble.  
I like to top it up on my yogurt.

Baking Apples 7 - 8 large (approx 700g)

(A)
Water 1 cup (240ml) - I used 3/4 cup
Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100g)
Ground Cinnamon 1½ teaspoon (4g)

(B)
Granulated Sugar 4 Tablespoons (50g)
Cornstarch 4 tablespoons (40g)
Water 4 Tablespoons (60ml)

Slice the peeled and cored apples and place it in a large mixing bowl
Boil the first measure of sugar together with the water and cinnamon

Prepare a slurry (B) with the other measure of sugar , cornstarch and second measure of water.
Add the slurry to the boiling mixture and whisk continuously while it thickens.
Pour the hot mixture over the sliced apples in a large mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly.
                                           


Let the apple mixture  cool completely before using. 
If not using immediately store in a container and freeze it or refrigerate.

Enjoy... Jue
recipe from Gretchen's bakery

Comments

Popular Posts