Clear Chicken Broth


This clear chicken soup works wonders if one of us are down with flu or on a cold rainy day, like today. 
I normally buy a few chicken carcass on my wet market rounds and chuck it in the freezer for later use.  

If I am making chicken stock I would omit the coriander powder and the potatoes since it alters the taste of the stock. I freeze the strained stock in several small Tupperware for later use.

2 chicken carcass
3 shallots- pound
5 clove of garlic-pound
2 in ginger- pound
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs of coriander powder
4 cups of water
1 stick of celery - finely sliced

In a pressure cooker add all the above and boil in a low heat for 30 minutes.




Release the pressure and gently open the cover. 
Now add chunks of carrots and potatoes. (I leave the amount to you). Cover the lid and continue boiling for another 20 min.



Skim as much of the floating oil as possible. I use a loaf of bread to sponge off the oil.
You may want to strain the broth before serving.  To serve garnish with spring onions and slices of baguette.

Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts