Winter Melon Drink




I decided to find out or rather learn how to make this drink when I notice my boys and hubby kept buying this drink by the cartons and gulp it down in a second.

So when I served them my homemade version they were rather thrilled with the prospect of an endless servings they can have.

Give it a go folks.   A perfect thirst quencher.
You only need two ingredients and whole load of sugar, but no worries you can control the sweetness to your liking, besides the Loh Han Gua fruit  does contributes to the sweetness.

500 g winter melon
2 Loh Han Guo
Soft brown sugar
Dark brown sugar


Clean the fruit by scrubbing the skin well, then slice the fruit and discard the seeds. Cut into small slices. 
Crack open the Loh Han Gua fruit and scoop the filling out.

In a large bowl add all the ingredients and give it a good mix. I leave it to you to adjust the amount of sugar. I added about 200g of brown sugar and 100g of dark brown sugar.
Set aside for 20 min.




This is how a Loh Han Gua fruit looks like. (Image taken from the net)

See how the sugar extracted the liquid from the melon. Pour the whole  content into a slow cooker and switch it on. I left mine overnight.


I made a silly mistake of not snapping a shot the next morning. I will update it on my next round of making this drink.

Strain and discard the mushy fruit. You may add the flesh as it taste alright.( just cut off the skin). 

To serve, add 2 tablespoon of the winter melon syrup and top it up with some ice cubes and water. Or you may serve it warm.
I have to remind you that this drink is addictive and a fantastic thirst quencher... I say that again.
Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts