No fuss Butter cake


I've never tried the one bowl method of mixing cake batter, simply because the science behind it didn't make sense to me. 
What the heck, I thought, it's just a cake, life is too short for this debate, besides I am just too lazy to wash up. 
The worst thing that could probably happen is,. a tough flat cake!

As you can see, the cake rose beautifully. 
Here's the recipe and read on what happened next.

125g Butter
1 tsp vanilla essence 
275g caster sugar
3 eggs
150g plain flour
75g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125ml milk
Preheat oven to 160 deg cel. Prepare 20cm round cake pan with lining.
Put ALL the ingredients in your mixing bowl and  set on a low speed until the mixture is well combined  and smooth. 
When the batter turns into a paler color, turn off the mixture and pour batter into the pan.

Bake cake for about an hour to 11/4 hour. I baked mine for an hour.
Let the cake cool in the pan for 5min before turning over onto a wire rack.
Cool cake completely before cutting.

Okay this is what happened: 
The cake was slightly crumbly when I sliced it and tasted good but it had an eggy smile. So I noted to add more vanilla essence next time. I rated it 7 out of 10.

I kept the cake in the fridge and  two days later when I cut myself a slice I was totally surprised with the texture, the eggy smell is gone, cake was soo moist and it tasted really yum. There you go...    My laziness paid off good...so be lazy and try this cake!

Enjoy...jue
from the AWW

Comments

Popular Posts