Linzer Tart and Jam Drops




A pretty quick and easy tart to bake when you are in a  sugar rush.  I like the pastry very much, the ground almond gives such a depth to this pie, so soft that it melts in your mouth. Love this.  

As you can see I suck at making lattice, I'll blame it on the super soft dough.

150g butter
100g icing sugar
1 egg
1/2 lemon zest
250g flour
100g ground almond
pinch of  cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

For the filling I used my homemade raspberry jam. (See below for the recipe). I added a wee bit more ground almond and reduced the flour. 


Mix the butter and sugar  by hand till creamy, then add the egg, zest and vanilla extract. Continue beating as you add the flour and almond meal.  
Use your fingers and knead it gently. Flatten the dough and wrap in a cling wrap. Let it rest in the fridge for 30 min.

Roll the dough in between two film of cling wrap, gently place it on a 8 in pie dish.  save some dough for the top. Pour  jam all over the pie, not too much though!

                              
Roll the balance dough and cut into strips  and place them on top of the filling to form a lattice pattern.

Bake at 190 deg.cel. for 30 min. Remove the tart and let it  cool.

                   


Made some Jam Drops with the remnant dough. 
Just roll some dough and make a small indentation with your thumb for the jam. I added the jam just five minutes before I take the cookies out. The jam tends to dry up and and bubble over when I add it to the cookie dough.  
Bake for about 12-15 min or until the cookie  turns slightly brown.

Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts