Home-made Raspberry jam


I'm lost for words to describe this home-made tangy jam that's not overly sweet with a subtle hint of lemon. 
Hmm..did I just describe this jam.

Great with toast or with scones and cream, but my daughter and I prefer to add a large scoop of this jam with Greek yogurt.

I used frozen berries to make this jam. Raspberries are low in pectin and acid, so they will not set firmly as other fruits.

300 g raspberries

Juice of half a lemon
300 g sugar

In a heavy base pan, put the berries and lemon juice and let it simmer in a low heat until soft and pulpy.

Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves and turn the heat on until the jam boils rapidly. 
Take care not to let the base burn. Stir consistently until it is mushy and thick. Remove from heat.
Pour the jam into sterilized mason jars. Let it cool before closing the lid.

I freeze my unused jars for future use and kept the rest for our daily use. 

Enjoy...jue 

Comments

Popular Posts