Whole Meal Bread (Tangzhong method)




Can't seem to stop baking bread using the tangzhong method, I'm sorta like 'got swept off my feet'. 
Ah the feeling...(clearing my throat), I'm referring to the bread.

This bread is so much fluffier and softer compared to the traditional method, nevertheless I shall not berate the latter since there are so many lovely breads out there that I am so looking forward to try, perhaps I should try baking fugasse next .  




110 gm milk
45 gm whisked egg
100 gm Tangzhong (refer below)
30 gm sugar
5 gm salt
200 gm bread flour
150 gm wholemeal / whole wheat flour
6 gm instant dry yeast
40 gm unsalted butter, softened at room temperature

As usual I am using my ever so reliable bread maker to knead the dough.


Add all ingredients (except butter) into a bread-maker, first the wet ingredients (milk, egg, tangzhong), then followed by the dry ingredients (sugar, salt, bread flour, wholemeal flour, yeast). 



Select the “dough” mode (refer to the manual of your bread maker to select the kneading dough programme). 

When all the ingredients come together, add the butter 

Knead until the dough becomes elastic.
Let the dough rest for about 60 minutes.

Transfer the dough to a clean floured surface. Knock the dough down and knead it for a good two minutes.

Roll the dough or rather flat it down and roll it like a Swiss roll and gently place it in a baking tin. (9x4x3).


Leave it for the 2nd round of proofing, about 40 minutes, or until the dough rises.
Bake in a pre-heated 170C oven for 30 to 35 minutes. 

Remove the loaf from the oven and tin.

Transfer onto a wire rack and let cool completely. Slice to serve or place in an airtight plastic bag or container once it's thoroughly cooled.

Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts