Apam Balik - long proof



 I thought I might try the longer proof version of this Apam Balik  (Sweet pancake), the first one I made, I let it sit for half an hour but this sat for 5 hours. I must say the longer proof tasted more intense and little puffier. 

This batter makes four to six  7in pancake, depending how thick your pancake is.  My eaters prefer a slightly thinner pancake, so I got five.

260g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp instant yeast
4 tbsp sugar
2 egg
320ml water (lukewarm)


Toppings - I'll leave the amount to you
roasted ground peanuts - not fine but rough
sugar

In a large mixing bowl,  sift together self-raising flour with baking soda, add the rest of the ingredients , mixing well until the batter is smooth.

Cover the bowl and let it sit for 5 hour.  Keep the batter in the fridge. You'll notice the batter begins to bubble up


                                                                    

Spray oil to a non stick pan (mine is about 7in) on low heat and spread evenly with paper towel.
After pan is heated evenly, add batter about two ladle full and spread all around the pan, cover and cook for 4 mins. You can see tiny bubbles as the batter cooks.
Add peanut and sugar, cover and cook for another 2 mins. 

Fold into half with spatula.

                                



Cut into serving size and serve warm. 
Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts