Kuah Satay...Peanut sauce



Peanut sauce is one my husbands favorite food, especially Satay dipped in this glorious sauce. Unfortunately finding a good satay stall these days is as rare as hens' teeth.  
So far we're fortunate that there's one stall tucked  in our hood called Car Junk Satay which is pretty decent and almost as authentic as I remember.

Well, I thought I would give these guy a run for their money with my sauce ..hmm  I would say I am, okay....pretty close. It works for me.

Ingredients to be pounded
1 stalk of lemon grass
1in galangal
1in shrimp paste
5 shallots
4 pips of garlic
1/2in ginger

4 tbs of chili paste ( grind ed dry chili)
250g fried peanuts without the skin 
salt to taste
1/4 cup tamarind juice
3 tbs of palm sugar - roughly chopped
1/2 cup of coconut cream - optional, you may use water

Grind the peanut roughly and set aside
Grind or blend the above ingredients and pour onto a hot wok with 4 tbs of oil. Cook or stir until fragrant and the oil has separated.
Add the ground peanut bit at time while you alternate it with some water.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix it well on a low heat.
Remove from the stove and serve. This sauce besides compliments the satay also goes hand in hand with Fried Tofu stuffed with cucumber.




Enjoy...jue  

Comments

Popular Posts