Peach Swiss Roll


I normally avoid baking Swiss rolls, it has the ability to vex my nerves and induces me to pull my hair out.  Pretty outrageous ha.

Nothing would turn out right, from overbaking to tearing the cake sheet while rolling.
Yesterday when I made this roll, it was as though it was the first time I'm making it..no recollection of former mishaps.

I blame it on the hot weather that's messing my head...
It came out smacking perfect...

95g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
150g sugar - I used 100g
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp vegetable oil

For the filling I used whipped cream and some canned peaches

Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare a 12X16 inch ( or similar) baking tray and line it with parchment paper.

Whisk flour with baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl add eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until it doubled in volume and foamy. Add oil and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture and gently mix until there are no trace of flour, careful not to overmix.

Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and spread evenly into the corners using the back of the spatula.

Bake for 15 minutes. Take a kitchen towel and generously sprinkle with powdered sugar. This helps the cake not stick to the towel. Flip the cake over the towel. Remove the parchment paper and dust with powdered sugar.

                                    
While still hot roll the cake up in the towel. You will have to do it while is still hot/warm otherwise it cracks. Let cool completely.

Enjoy...jue
recipe from home cooking adventure

Comments

Popular Posts