No Bake Chocolate Oat Bar




Man, these no bake chocolate oat bars are out of this world. 
For me at least. This wheat free bars are so simple and quick to make, just my type of dessert for the lazy me.
This bars also makes a great quick treat if you have unplanned guest popping over.

I slashed almost 70% off the sugar required in the original recipe and adjusted according to my taste with some toasted nuts and I spread some ganash over it. Wicked ha.

1/2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk
8 tablespoons butter, cut into large pieces
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup nutella  

1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
2¾ cups quick cooking oats
½ cup unsweetened coconut flake
1/4 cup toasted nuts - I used walnuts

Some ganash for spreading

                   


Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray or coat lightly with coconut oil.
Add sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa powder to a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. 
Bring to a boil for about three minutes. Remove from heat and stir in nutella and peanut butter, vanilla, salt, oats and coconut. 
Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. 
Spread some chocolate ganash over it, or if you prefer, some nutella or you leave it plain.
Allow to dry for about 15 - 20 minutes until firm. I chucked my in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Slice into 16 individual bars.
Keep the bars in the fridge if you're not serving or if it's not gobbled yet.

Enjoy..jue
recipe modified from add a pinch

Comments

Popular Posts