Baked Spiral Curry Puff




Errgh...I hate to see the end of the rainy season go. These days the scorching sun is really turning me crazy. 
Ok deep breath...I'm normally a calm person,. No, really. 
Here's something delicious I baked for tea.
I was planning to make some quick curry puffs for tea but ended up, up-scaling it into these beauty. I must say these scrumptious Baked Spiral curry puffs were well worth the trouble, I won't call it troublesome, perhaps a little bit time consuming  but absolutely scrumptious.  
I think I prefer this baked version compared to the fried ones  I did some time back ( Spiral curry puff -recipe linked below).  Love the crumbly crust and the taste of butter lingering after each bite. 

For the filling I used some boiled russet potatoes and prawns and cooked it with a pinch of curry powder.
       
Water Dough
260g flour
50g Butter
20g Sugar
140g Water

Oil Dough
180g Flour
100g Butter

1 egg for egg wash.

Water Dough - Mix all the ingredients to a form a smooth dough and divide it into two equal portion.
Oil Dough -  Mix all the ingredients to a form a smooth dough and divide it into two equal portion.

For the filling - any fillings of your choice

  
Flatten the water dough and wrap the oil dough with the water dough and form into a ball.
Roll the dough into a long rectangular shape and make a book fold. (3 fold)

   

Turn the book fold and roll it to a long rectangular shape, about 2mm thickness. Roll the dough from the top like a Swiss roll. Repeat the whole process for the next batch. Let it rest for 10 min.

                                            
Cut the log into eight pieces. Take a piece and flatten it gently, then with a  rolling pin flatten it thinly. 
Place a tiny amount of filling of your choice in the middle and fold it into two and crimp the edges.   I hope these pictures are helpful to you in making these puffs. 

                                                             
                                                               

Repeat for the rest. If you wish you can fry the puffs.


Enjoy...jue
from irresistible pastry - alex goh

Comments

Popular Posts