Miso Soup


I seem to have a lot of "must do" recipes in my draft, some dating back from 2013!  One of it is this, miso soup.

I had some trouble finding the dashi soup stock and  benito flackes. 
I know it's lined somewhere in the  Japanese food section shelves, instead  I added some of my favorite ingredients to make up.
Here's my take on this soup.
  • 3 cups anchovies soup stock 
  • 1 block tofu
  • 3-4 tbs miso paste 
  • mushroom
  • chopped green onion
  • medium size prawns
  • dried sea weeds
  • squids

Put  soup stock  in a pan and bring to a boil.
Add prawns and squids.
Cut tofu into small cubes and add them to the soup. Simmer the tofu for a few minutes on low heat. Add the sea weeds and mushroom.
Scoop out some soup stock from the pan and dissolve miso in it. Gradually return the miso mixture in the soup. Stir the soup gently. 
Off the heat and add chopped green onion. 

Enjoy...Jue

Comments

Popular Posts