Key Lime pie



I love lime...anything with lime,  lime Popsicle, a glass of mojito ... 
So when I came across this lime pie recipe, I jumped on it.
  
It turned out alright, but was not a hit with the boys or husband. 
I loved it  with a huge dollop of whipped cream.
This recipe calls for a biscuit crust, but I used a pastry case.

For the  crust
digestive biscuits - about 6 pcs - crushed fine.
1 tbs of brown sugar
1 tbs of butter

Mix these well, until it resembles a moist crumb. Press it gently on your pie dish and bake for 5 min. Set aside to cool. If you wish to make a pie crust, please refer to my shortcrust pastry post.

Filling
1 tbs lime zest- remember not to scrap till the white of the lime, it will taste bitter.
1/2 cup lime juice
2 egg yolk
1 can condense milk
drop of green coloring

Beat all the above ingredients well till smooth and creamy. Pour into the crust and bake for about 15 min in a permeated 180 deg.cel. oven. 
I'm using a rather small pie pan, so I've halved the portion and I used a whole egg.

Serve pie with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and grated lime zest. 
Enjoy...jue
Taken from the pioneer woman.

Comments

Popular Posts