Chocolate Ice cream pie


The weather's super crazy these past few weeks, standing at 33 deg cel in the afternoons.

My poor potted plants paid the price when I neglected to water them yesterday. It's like I could hear them crying out, "is it so hard  to remember to water us?  
Now I'm left with the grim task of clearing their crisp "bodies". 
This is why I soooo hate gardening and the weather!

Now for something I love...chocolate  pie with some ice cream to go. My boys absolutely love this pie, their favourite  since  they were little.

I normally would crush some Oreo cookies to make the crust but today I was a bit adventurous and  made chocolate pie crust.

1 1/3 cup cake flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
125g butter - at room temp
2 egg yolks

Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add the egg and cream well. Mix both the flour and cocoa together then add in three addition, mixing well at each addition.

Gather the dough gently and ball it. Chill for 30 min. I made it a few days ago and put it in the freezer and left if out to soften before rolling the dough.

You may roll the dough to cover the pan but I gently pressed the dough to cover the pan. Prick the base with fork and blind bake it for 15 min.

Now for the filling.
150g fresh milk
150g cream
2 eggs 
2 tbs Bailey's Irish cream or brandy - optional
50g good quality chocolate

Gently melt the chopped chocolate and cream. Set aside and let it cool down.
Whisk the egg in another bowl. Pour the cooled chocolate mix with the rest of the ingredient and mix well. Pour filling into shell. Bake for 20 min at 180 deg cel.  Remove from oven and let it cool completely before dolloping your favourite ice cream over the pie. Leave it in the freezer for a couple of hours before digging in.
Enjoy.....jue

Comments

Popular Posts