Gluten free blueberry muffins




This is no way any sort of new years resolution for healthy bakes, cos I know I'm the worst when it comes to keeping any sort of resolutions concerning food or exercise  but rather a feeble attempt to eat healthy.
One good way to start I suppose is  with a good dose of antioxidant, hence the blueberry in a gluten free muffin. I choose to use almond meal and oats as my replacement for flour.
I got 12 muffins and kept in the fridge for my daily breakfast.

A
1 3⁄4 cups uncooked quick oatmeal
1 1⁄4 cups almond meal
1⁄3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk

B
1 egg
2 tbs honey
1⁄4 cup oil
lemon zest
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries or frozen

Sprinkle on top
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

                                    

Preheat oven to 190C degrees.
Combine A in a large bowl and give it a good mix.
In another bowl, combine B
Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix until moist only.
Don't beat the batter and gently fold in blueberries.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffin batter.
Bake 30 minutes.
Serve warm.

Enjoy...jue
recipe modified from genuis kitchen

Comments

Popular Posts