Rainbow cake



 Been promising my daughter for ages I would bake her her long overdue Rainbow cake and finally it's here. Talk about procrastination...a fine example I'm setting  for her. 

This cake surely have a LOT of things to tell me...hmm talk about cakes!
Note to self: Stop giving excuses to her!

                     

Anywho, we had a fun time baking and decorating this cake, minus some mishaps and hiccups. I chose to use Swiss Meringue buttercream to ice the cake. 
Whilst the cream tasted great I hated the condensation that ruined the look of the cake.

Note to self: Switch to American buttercream, but I hate that cream...it's too gritty and sweet. 

The cake tasted really yum. Actually it tasted great the next day, the cake was moist and I could really taste the cake better. 

Note to self: Serve the cake in room temperature and NOT straight from the fridge.

                                              

I used 6in cake pan to bake the colorful batter, which produced a rather high cake, not that I didn't like it but let say it posed some  structural challenges while serving. 

Note to self: use a 7in pan next time. 

And lastly, rainbow comes with SEVEN colors. 
Note to self: go figure!

Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts