Jue's Fried Chicken

                                                                   
Yep, that's my scrumptious fried chicken. As much as I hate frying my food, I give this fried chicken a 'free to go' card. My one indulgence that I try not to abuse so often.
I know there are a trillion fried chicken recipes out there which are equally fantastic, but  I like the twist on this one with pounded ginger which give a nice zing to the  chicken.  
At the end you get some nice crispy ginger shreds  that you can sprinkle on top.

A
1 large chicken - cut into 12 pieces
11/2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp coarse pepper
1/2 cup of buttermilk
4 in ginger - pounded

Oil for frying
1 cup of rice flour

In a large bowl, place all the ingredients in A and give it a good mix. Leave it to marinate overnight, or if cant wait, set it aside for three hours.

Heat a skillet with enough oil for frying. Put the rice four in a flat plate and coat the chicken pieces thoroughly and gently drop it in the oil.
Place three to four pieces at a go and fry in a moderate heat for about 15 min. Turning it around halfway.

When the chicken turns golden brown, remove from the heat and place it in a kitchen towel to drain off excess oil.
                                                           
         
I like to serve the chicken with rice. 
Enjoy...Jue



Comments

Popular Posts