Mango and Sour plum Pickles



Would you believe it if I were to tell you that we finished the whole load of this pickled mango in just three days. 
Mind you, I made a whole load of it...
I rest my case...at this point I don't care if you are rolling your eyes or  shake your head in disbelieve.


6 medium size unripe mango 
15 sour plum (asam boi)
10 bird's eye chili

1 cup of sugar
water

Peel the skin off the mango and cut it in a long thin stripes and place the slices in a big jar.
Slice the chili finely. You may add accordingly to the level of your taste...mind you it is hot.
Add the chili and the plums to the jar.



 In a pot, boil some water, about 2 cups and add the sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool down.
When the sugar syrup is cooled, gently pour it into the jar and give it a good stir.
Set aside overnight.


Now the craziness begans...
Enjoy...Jue

Comments

Popular Posts