Milk Bread




Ever since my bread machine went boink on me, I am enjoying kneading bread dough by hand. It sorta has a calming and relaxing feel...very therapeutic. 

Initially when the bread machine went bust I moaned and groaned on how to knead my bread, mind you the Kitchen Aid mixer was there but I was reluctant to use it as the dough kept clumping up on the hook, so with no choice left I flexed my knuckles and the rest is history.
Try it, I guarantee you won't look at your bread machine the same way again.

I like the texture of the bread, it's soft and spongy. 
Definitely a keeper.  I would double the portion.

143 g fresh milk
35g egg - about half an egg
25g caster sugar
5g salt
250g bread flour
4g Instant yeast
38g butter (unsalted)


Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for the butter and give it a good mix with a wooden spoon until you find the dough too clumpy to move. Dump the dough onto a floured surface and give a good knead for about five to eight  minutes. 


Add in the butter. Continue  kneading.

Place the dough in a mixing bowl, covered with cling wrap. Let proof for 60 mins.

Remove dough and punch out the gas. Divide dough into 3 equal portion. 


Roll and shape into balls. Let the dough rest and relax for 15 mins. (this 'relaxing' time is needed so that the dough will be easier to roll out and shaped).

On a lightly floured surface, flatten one dough and roll out into a longish shape. Roll up the dough swiss-roll style. Do the same for the two remaining dough.

Flatten the rolled-up dough and repeat again. Use the balance of the egg and give it a good coat.

Place dough in lightly greased bread tin.  Let the dough proof again, until it fills up 80% of the tin. Cover with cling wrap.

Bake at pre-heated oven at 180 ~ 190 deg C for 35 to 40mins.  The loaf should have a nicc golden brown color and when you tap the top you should hear a hollow sound.


Un-mould the bread immediately and  cool it on a wire rack. The bread should be completely cool before slicing.
                                                    
Enjoy...jue
from happy home baking

Comments

Popular Posts