No Knead Whole Wheat Ciabatta






Another bread? 
Well, what can I say. Loving my bread time.
This time I thought I'd give my Ciabatta a twist by making it a Whole Wheat Ciabatta.
I notice the bread was slightly 'denser' (if that is a word) than the regular airy white flour bread, which I didn't mind at all. In fact I liked the chewiness  and was great dunking it in soup.

4 cups bread flour (I used 3 cups white and 1 cup wheat flour)
*Note: you can use All-purpose flour if you want
1/4 tsp yeast
2 cups water - a tablespoon more for the wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp salt

In a large metal bowl add the above ingredients and give it a good mix with a wooden spoon until the dough is well mixed. The dough would be very sticky hence the wooden spoon.
Cover the bowl with a ling wrap and let it proof for 18 hours.



This is how it looks like after 18 hours, fully risen and bubbly.
Punch it down with a wooden spoon (oil it first).
But before that, prepare the baking pan and add some corn meal. 



Gently drop the dough on the prepared pan and shape it flat and long. The dough is very sticky, so oil your hands.
Let it rise for 2 hours. 



Preheat the oven to 200 deg cel oven and bake for 35 to 45 min.





Cool down before slicing it.
Enjoy...jue
recipe from foodwishes.com


Comments

Popular Posts