Meringue Kiss Cookies



 I have a bee in my bonnet over this Meringue Kisses and I can't stop thinking about it. Glad I finally made this little gems.
 Ain't it pretty. 
Made these for my daughter, she packed it in a cute little parcel for her friends.
Note: I find the meringue is a wee bit too sweet for me. I would lessen the  sugar, perhaps a tablespoon. 

4 eggs whites
1 cup sugar
Pinch of tartar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Food coloring

Line to bake sheets with parchment and heat oven to 100 degrees Cel.

Place sugar, egg whites and tartar in your mixer metal bowl over (not on) simmering water. Constantly whisk the egg whites until the sugar has dissolved.
Using a whisk attachment on a stand mixer or a hand held mixture, slowly beat egg mixture. 

Add in vanilla extract and any food coloring if you are using it. Gradually increase speed and continue to beat mixture until stiff peaks have almost formed. 

Transfer mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip and pipe ½ inch to ¾ inch wide cookies, making sure to set them one inch apart from one another.


Bake for 1 ½ hours, then turn off oven and leave the door slightly ajar for meringues to cool down with the oven. 

                                               
Store meringue cookies in an airtight container away from any heat or moisture. 
Alternatively, store them in the freezer where they can be enjoyed straight from the freezer without any defrosting.

Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts