Scones





When we were in Cameron Highland  a couple of years ago, sipping hot tea and delicately spreading jam and cream on our scones, little did I imagine I could replicate their "oh so famous" scones. 
My boys still refer to my scones as 'stones' but today I think I may have earned a feather in my cap, short of trying to blow my own trumpet, I think this scones can sit amongst its peers for an English afternoon tea. 

450g self raising flour
pinch of salt
2 tbs sugar
50g butter - chilled and diced
1 tbs lemon juice
400ml milk
100g raisins 

jam and whipped cream

Preheat the oven to 220ºc.
Combine  all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Add the cubed cold butter.
Gently rub the butter until it resembles to a  fine bread crumbs.
                                
Add the raisins and mix in gently.

Pour milk and knead lightly to form a ball, then roll it on a floured surface  to 1 cm (½ inch) in thickness and cut into 6.5 cm (2½ inch) rounds. 
Place the rounds on a baking sheet and brush the top with egg wash.
Bake for about 15-20 min or until risen and golden brown.
  
Serve with  butter or whip  cream and jam.  

Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts