Black Olives and herbs Focaccia


I was thinking if I should be a vegetarian, hmm...given the bold fact that I am hard core meat lover. 
My boys gave me two days before they caught me licking my fingers trying to hide all the evidence of the scrumptious fried chicken! 
I applaud their lack of confidence in me. It shows that they know me too well!

A slice of this bread is all the comfort I need right now.

Slightly adapted and modified from here
3 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary plus 1 tsp dry mix herbs
2tsp dried yeast
1 teaspoons table salt
1 teaspoon superfine sugar
300ml warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil

Topping:
12-15 black olives, pitted and sliced
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon coarse salt

I am using a bread maker to knead my dough. This is one useful machine I have in the kitchen. Follow the instruction stated in your machine and set it to the dough cycle.

In your bread machine basin add  the water and the olive oil, followed by the  flour, oregano, yeast, salt and sugar. Press the start button. This would take about thirty min.
Remove the dough at the end of the kneading. I suggest you wet your hand with some oil. Shape the dough into a ball and place into a lightly oiled large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.

Lightly oil a sheet pan. Turn the dough onto it and press gently to deflate. Shape into an oval about 2cm thick. Lightly brush the dough with olive oil and loosely cover the surface directly with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise again in a warm spot until puffed and almost double, about 20 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 220°C. Remove the plastic wrap from the dough. Lightly coat your middle 3 fingertips with flour and press into the dough down (but not through) the bottom. Repeat this dimpling all over the dough. Scatter the olive pieces over the surface, pressing them into the dimples. Drizzle the dough evenly with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with the rosemary and the coarse salt.

Bake until the top of the focaccia is golden and browned, 25-30 minutes. Remove from the pan and, using a large metal spatula, transfer the focaccia to a wire rack, drizzle with the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Serve warm. Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts