No bake brownies



A lazy bake off day....couldn't move a muscle but I was dying for something sweet and it's the weekend. The boys and R would want some dessert, so I was more than  delighted to have an instant dessert made in no time. 

It took me fifteen minutes to prepare and another three hours to get it set  in the fridge. That's the bit that annoyed me but mind you, this no bake brownie was really good and would give any baked brownies a run for their taste.  

 I used
 20 Mcvites digestive tea biscuits 
10  Mcvites digestive biscuits
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup roasted and roughly chopped almond- let it cool
2 tsp brown sugar
200gm condensed milk 

1/4 cup currants
1 tbs Baileys ( or more)

Crush the biscuits coarsely. I left small bits of biscuits in this mixture to give the brownies some extra texture. Add the cocoa powder to this and mix well.
Add the sugar, nuts and currants and give it a good mix.

Add  Baileys or any liqueur that you prefer, or you can even omit this.
Lastly add the condensed milk  ( I didin't use all of it as I don't want it too sweet. So it's up to you) to this mixture. Mix well.

Line a pie dish with parchment paper with some butter.  Gently pour the mixture and press firmly with wet fingertips until the mixture is uniformly spread.
Refrigerate at least for 4 hours or overnight if possible. IF POSSIBLE.

Cut into small squares and serve. Best eaten with a scoop of ice-cream.
Enjoy.....jue 
Modified from edible garden

Comments

Popular Posts