Thank you

It's been a month today...the day of my open heart surgery.  I'm doing great, thanks to the many of you that made sure of this.

For the life of me I 'd have never guessed that I had a condition known as Atrial Myxoma, (no clue what it was) only moments before surgery.
It's a tumor found in the heart, in the left atrium, in the wall that divides the two upper chambers of the heart. 
My surgeons wants the tumor to be surgically removed in the next two days!

The rapid surge of information did throw me into a bout of  shock and confusion, but after a moment of calmness,  I was able to put things in perspective and prepare myself for this operation.

I opted for a no blood transfusion and I was more than relief  that my surgeons were happy to comply with my wishes though it was the first time for them. Their calm endeavour  gave me the confidence to trust them with my heart.

I wish to thank, my dearest family, Ray my husband. Nick, Joel, Tim and Belle... my children, for their invaluable support and love.

My family and I wish to  thank  the highly skilled surgeons,  Associate Professor Dr Raja Amin,  Dr.Sivakumar and his team  for doing the very best for me. Also the  physiotherapists, the doctors and the nurses at the 13th & 6th floor of the  University Malaya Medical Centre.

My dad, my brother Patrick and his family, my sister Annie and her family, my aunts and cousins for their deep concern. Also my brothers and sisters in law. The many many many dear brothers & sisters from the congregations that visited me.

Most importantly I thanked my God, Jehovah, for giving me the peace of mind that enabled me to be go through these difficult time and to give the  doctors the wisdom to successfully perform this surgery and all the kindness shown to me by my dear family and friends as a reminder of His great love for me.

Juliana Lourdes


Comments

Popular Posts