I had a stroke

Never in a zillion moment did it ever cross my mind that I would have a stroke.

 I'm not a junkie, infect  I'm  pretty mindful of what I eat, in good health, I maintain my weight and OK  I am not that keen on going to the gym, but heck that surely is not a reason to have a stroke! 
But  it happened  to me...at forty five! 


Six months back, a freak injury on my middle toe got it turning blue black. Belle and I were on a elevator. I felt like some one whacked me hard on both my ankle and I began to pass out, mind you all this happened while we were on the moving elevator and me trying my best not to pass out.
I guess only I could understand what happened there, cos no one understood when I explained, even my husband.

Countless visits to the hospitals  got no where cos I left behind  a lot of puzzled doctors,  clueless to my condition, leaving me so helpless and frustrated.  

From that day on I was on pain killers all day and night and bed ridden.  I began to lose weight, felt dizzy at times and swelling on my legs.  I had a eerie feeling deep down that something was not right, I looked like I came back from the crypt, looking like my late mother months before she died...(after a long illness) and that really got me freaked out. 


All I did was crying, wondering what was happening.  I cried every night wanting to know.... until the day I had a stroke.



That evening, at first I felt numb on my right leg and then slowly  my right arm.  I couldn't move and I was drooling on the right of my lip. I kept tapping frantically on my right leg and arm but I felt nothing. 

I began to panic and told Belle I was not well and slowly my speech slurred and she kept asking me to repeat.  At this point constructing a simple complete understandable sentence became a huge task and my daughter was puzzled at my antics.  Bless her, she quickly recognized the situation and got my gestures to lock the car and keep a look out for dad.
Ray rushed me to the hospital  and I felt safe  for that moment cos what awaits us threw over the ridge.......
jue

Comments

Popular Posts