Tart Shells

  

Here's a basic recipe for tart shells. I  normally bake em and chuck it in the freezer for later use. Something to whip up when you've got an unexpected visitor or in my case when I'm craving for something sweet.

170gm  butter
50gm icing sugar
1 small egg
290gm plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract



Beat butter and sugar gently until creamy but not for too long. 
I suggest you use a spatula. Then add the  egg and extract and mix till combine while adding the flour bit at a time. Knead it till it's soft. 
Wrap it in a cling wrap and chill in the fridge overnight.



Pinch a small amount and gently press into the shells. 
Prick the bottom. Bake it in a preheated oven - 170 deg cel for 25 min. 
Leave it to cool completely.  
Remove tart from shells and keep in an air tight container.  
I got about 36 tart.

The choice is yours to fill up with your favorite filling. 


Have a nice day....jue
recipe from masam manis

Comments

Popular Posts