Nasi Goreng Kunyit

 


The first time I tried this dish is when my son tapau-ed (take away) this dish. The aroma caught my taste buds and the rest was history. Nasi goreng kunyit means turmeric fried rice if  you're wondering.

Knowing me, I just had to recreate this dish  and my online search brought me the pleasure of frying this delicious rice. Pretty easy and quick, just the way I like it.

2 cups of cooked rice, preferably cold or any leftover from yesterday

2 eggs

salt and pepper

Ingredients for pounding

6 birds eye chilies - cili padi - depending to your taste

1in fresh turmeric

3 shallots 

2 cloves of garlic 


First up, pound the ingredients well and set aside. Crack the eggs and beat, set aside.

Heat up the wok, on a medium heat with 3 tbs of oil and add the pounded paste.  Sauté  it well for a about 3 min until you notice the paste is slightly brown and has separated from the oil, an indication that it is cooked. You have to achieve to this stage else it will taste raw.

Add the rice and stir well before adding the eggs and seasonings, you need to turn the heat slightly up and vigorously stir.

Done. I served with some freshly sliced cucumbers and some fried chicken.

Enjoy.

Jue 



Comments

Popular Posts