Cottage pie





One of my frequent lock-down meal. It's quick, simple and a filling dish to whip up.  I used  my multi purpose bolognese sauce recipe (see link)  and reduced the amount of liquid used as you need a rather thick sauce for this pie. 

Normally I made a huge batch of this  handy sauce to have it with our spagetti and separate the other half  for my cottage pie. In fact I can still steal some of this sauce to use it as a base for my pizza!

100g of  grated Parmesan  cheese - or any of your favorite cheese
50g Parmigiano-Reggiano 

For the mash
7 large russet potatoes - boiled and mashed
50g of soft butter
1/4 cup of fresh milk
salt and pepper

Mix all the mash ingredients and set aside.

To assemble, get your largest pie dish and gently pour the bolognese sauce and spread evenly over the dish. Generously sprinkle some cheese all over the sauce.
Spread the mash gently to cover the sauce.

Sprinkle some Parmigiano-Reggiano all over and bake in a preheated oven. 190 deg cel for 30 min.
I like to char the top for a nice effect.



Serve with your choice of salad.

Enjoy...jue

            

Comments

Popular Posts