Chocolate Coffee Almond Biscotti



'All I can say is, I shamefully ate the whole load if it. I need to work on self-control.' I said that the last time I made biscotti.  

This time, I shared but ....just a few sticks. Hey, don't judge me, at least I did!

125g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, beaten
100g castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
50g plain ccocolate - roughly chopped

50g chopped (not sliced)  toasted almonds
1 tsp espresso  
1 tbs dutch processed cocoa powder

Preheat your oven to 165 deg c. Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with parchment. 
Sieve together the flour,  baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. 

In another bowl, combine the eggs and sugar and beat by hand until light in color. Add the extract, espresso,  cinnamon, nuts and dry ingredients. Gently knead it.

On a lightly floured board, divide the dough into two pieces. Shape each piece into a long, flat slab,  about the length of the pan , set about two inches apart.


Bake 30 minutes or so, until the loaves are golden and slightly cracked.  (Baking time is slight longer with this whole meal flour). Cool completely on a rack. 

Meanwhile, reduce your oven heat to 200/ about 95 deg cel

Slice the biscotti into ½-inch pieces with a serrated knife, lay them out on sheet pans, and bake another 20 minutes, until crisp. Turn the biscotti half way through.

Store the cool down biscuits in a air tight jar, this doesn't apply to me.

Done. Enjoy
Jue

Comments

Popular Posts