Bubble Rice Crackers




This is one of my favorite childhood snack and I just love munching on this...believe me I can really munch it down!
When I saw how they made this I just couldn't resist myself from baking some for myself and happily munched it away, of course I gave some away to friends.

(A) 250g bubble rice 150g peanuts (toasted) 50g white sesame seeds (toasted) 50g coriander leaves ( save some for the end) (B) 250g sugar 50g maltose 1 tbsp cooking oil 1 tbsp calamansi lime juice or lime juice 150ml water


First you need to toast the peanuts for about 20 min at 180 deg cel. Then gently give it a good rub in between your palm to remove the skin. Set aside.
Do the same for the sesame seed, roast it but for a shorter time on the stove top, do keep an eye as it turns brown very fast.

Next roughly chop the coriander leaves and set aside.

In sauce pan on a low heat add B and let it simmer gently until it comes to a rolling boil. Keep stirring gently until it reduces quarter the amount and the mixture now turns amber color. You can do a soft ball test ( take a drop of the liquid and drop in a bowl of water, it should form a ball). Turn off the hear and add A.

Give a good mix and toss until all the ingredients are well mixed. Transfer the bubble rice mixture to a 14 by 14 inch tray lined with aluminium foil. Gently spread the rice and press down firmly, you may use a small rolling pin and roll it evenly while pressing it down.

                           

Next sprinkle some leaves over the surface and roll it again and set aside to cool. Once it is cooled remove it out of the tray and with a sharp knife cut into small squares.

                           

Put in a air tight jar to keep it crispy. (I never did this part)

Enjoy..jue
taken from Youtube -Kathrine Kwa



Comments

Popular Posts