Hummus




This is my first time trying out Hummus. 
I love it.
I spread a load full on my toast and that my friend, is my perfect breakfast. Besides, this paste stays fresh for a long time in the fridge and there's no rush finishing it up.

2 cups drained cooked  chickpeas
1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling
2 cloves garlic, peeled
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon ground cumin or paprika
Juice of 1 lemon
Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish



Put everything except the parsley in a food processor and process it fine; add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.

Taste and adjust the seasoning, I like to add a bit more lemon juice. 
Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit more cumin or paprika and some parsley.

Done...Jue

Comments

Popular Posts