Dates and chocolate chip cookies


My boys and Belle jumped with joy when I stacked these cookies into the jar, little did they realize that it's not the regular Chocolate chip cookies, I began to explain that it's sorta cc cookie with some dates to chew on.
Grouses..grouses.
Okay pointed taken, I won't mess with cc cookies again. There are some great regular  cc cookies below.

I personally enjoyed it. The cookies were tasty. I reduced the sugar quite a bit since the cc and the dates were pretty sweet by itself.

A
150g flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
1/4 tsp salt

B
125g butter
50g brown sugar
50g white sugar

2 large eggs

C
150g roll oats
50g corn flakes
50g chopped dates
100g dark chocolate chip or a little of white

In a large bowl, sift A. Cream B till it turns pale in color and creamy. Add in the eggs and cream it further for a good minute.
Gently add the sifted flour and using a plastic spatula, mix well until there's no traces of flour. Now add C and gently well to combine.
I left the dough in the fridge for an hour or so and used an ice cream scoop to evenly measure out.
Bake in a preheated 180 degree Celsius oven for 15 min.

Enjoy...jue  

Comments

Popular Posts