Swiss Meringue Buttercream...Beer-mug cake






Would you believe me if I say I am really terrified of making meringue, so much so that Macaron is still my number one sweet nemesis. Despite failing miserably at macaron, 
I bravely ventured into making Swiss meringue butter cream since I was really tired of making American buttercream which is oh so famous for being gritty and murderously sweet.

After meandering thru many recipes and blogs I finally went back to one lady who knows her stuff. Ever heard of Gretchen's Bakery.  She's a  terrific baker, do check her out here.
Anyway this is my take on her Swiss meringue.

I decide to make two beer mug cake using her buttercream with  my butter cake.



Here's my two cents worth note:
1. always use unsalted butter...just take my word
2. do not put the icing in the fridge, unless you're not planning to use the cream straight           away. 
3.there's a lot condensation issue here, make sure the crumb coated cake is not too cold when you are  icing.


                                  

Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts