Chocolate Buttercream


I'm obsessed with anything chocolate, so when I had a request for two chocolate cakes, I went straight to chocolate meltdown cos I know I wont be able to taste these cakes. Sigh..the life of a baker!

Anywho, I want to share with you this decadent and to die for Chocolate buttercream (I used for the square cake below).  You can also use this buttercream to spread over your brownies or Blondie ... I can't write anymore, it's too depressing.

1c butter
21/2c icing sugar 
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate - melted and cooled
1/4 cup cocoa powder

Sift the icing sugar and cocoa powder and set aside.
In your mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy for about a minute, then add the sifted sugar and cocoa powder and beat about two more minutes. Scrape the bowl now and then. Add the extract and lastly the melted chocolate. Give it a good whip until the buttercream is fluffy and light.

Spread on your cake and enjoy.



Hope you readers will give this chocolate buttercream a go.
Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts