Oil and Milk Pie Crust


I was pretty intrigued when I stumbled across this pie crust that  uses oil and milk, rather than very cold chunks of butter. The simplicity of making the crust got my nuggets working and 
I immediate thought of pot pies.

I'm glad I gave it a go. A fantastic flaky crust that would give any buttered crust a run for its taste.  I reckon this crust is well  suited with savory fillings. (note to self - test this crust with a sweet filling).

2 cups sifted all-purpose flour,
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup  Oil
1/4 cup cold whole milk

Add salt to the flour.

Pour  oil and cold milk into measuring cup, and pour all at once into flour. With a wooden spoon mix until the dough is combined, the dough will be very crumbly. 
Knead  by hand till the dough is soft and pliable. 
That's it folks...easy ha.
I chilled the dough overnight.

Do give it a go...jue
recipe from broke foodie

Comments

Popular Posts