Banana Shortbread


I was glad when no one paid any notice to the last four droopy bananas dangling for dear life and  happily transformed them to this yummy shortbread. 

The original recipe calls for margarine but I opted for sunflower oil which was perfect and I added some freshly grated nutmeg for an added zing!

A
250g sugar
90g oil
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
1/2 tsp salt

2eggs
300g mashed bananas

300g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

80ml milk
100g chopped walnuts

Preheat the oven to 180 deg. celcius. Prepare two loaf tins.
Cream A till the sugar and oil are well incorporated.  (I creamed by hand.)

Add the egg one a time and beat till its creamy. 
Now add the banana and give it a good beat. 

Sieve  flour and  baking powder add the flour a little  at a time alternating it with milk until the flour is evenly mixed. Lastly add the chopped nuts. You may add some more nuts to sprinkle on top.

I added some chocolate chips  on my second loaf, about 100g. 

Bake for about 45 min or until the skewer comes out clean when you insert in the middle of the cakes.
 Recipe taken from Alex Goh Bread Book

happy baking...jue

Comments

Popular Posts