Mississippi Mud pie #1


My boys classic all time favorite dessert. Been doing it for them since they were little and they still love it. 
It's pretty easy to make em but the waiting is always a torture for us. 

Most of the time because of our impatience we end up eating soft mushy ice cream. This time I planned it to be a surprise but surprises never really work in my house. There's NOTHING you can hide in the fridge.

First you'd need lots of Oreo biscuits without the cream. This is their favourite part, scrapping the cream off. 

About 1 cup of crushed oreos.
1/4 cup of  butter and a tablespoon of brown sugar.

Mix them well and press the crust firmly on a 5in push up tin. 
Wrap crust in a cling wrap. Refrigerate for about an hour.





Now for the filling.
1 tub of chocolate ice-cream
1 cup of wipped cream
1/4 cup of melted chocolate
some toasted almonds

Mix these in a quick motion until its well combined.
I added some marshmellows for some chewey bite.



Pour filling into the crust. Chill for at least 6-8 hours.  
I figured the best time to make this is at night when the boys and Belle are in bed! 
Believe me I made this at 2am!  I know I'm crazy!!
Unmould cake and sprinkle some crushed oreos. 


24hrs later:  
Yup, the boys were speechless when I told them what was in store! "What mississippi  mud pie in the fridge?' 
Enjoy...  jue

Comments

Popular Posts