Coconut Macaroon, take 1

 
I'm so addicted to  Coconut macaroons that I almost gobbled the whole batch, ignoring a weak  voice inside me to stop and  look away. 
The first time I made this I used sugar, it was great but I came across an easier method using condensed milk, wow, really delicious. A keeper definitely.
This wonderful macaroons are from Ina garten. 
I halved the measure and got almost 20 macaroons.  I refrigerate the batch for 30 min before baking and that helped.

14 oz sweetened shredded coconut 
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 egg white at room temperature
1/4 tsp salt



Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer until they make medium-firm peaks. 
Fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture gently
Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using  a small ice cream scoop. 
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.

Happy baking...jue

Comments

Popular Posts