Onion and Garlic Bread



I was looking forward to bake this Onion and garlic bread  for the past week and I'm glad I finally got around to it. I added some fresh rosemary from the garden  to give it a zing. 

The bread is so soft, even the top crusted...to my surprise.

In your bread machine, add the following in its order.
2 tbs olive oil
300ml water
400g bread flour
150g whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp sugar
2 tsp instant yeast.

B
1 large onion - sliced
4 pips garlic - chopped
saute both with 2 tbs of sunflower oil.
1 tbs of chopped fresh rosemary

splash of olive oil - to rub over the bread



                     


Take note that the yeast and the salt are added in two different corners. 
Set the machine to the regular setting and press start. About half an hour into the kneading add B.
When the bread has risen and is ready to bake, I rubbed it with some olive oil and  added some more (uncooked) onion, garlic and rosemary on top and sprinkled it with some sea salt and pepper.

Bread is done when you hear the beeper. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and let it cool before slicing. 

I'm off now to tackle the laundry. 

 Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts