Butter Cookies


My attempt to recreate one of my late mum's cookies turned out not so quite how I remembered it, hers being buttery and crisp, while mine...hmmm, it needed some more work. 
Sadly she never left behind any of her recipes nor her know-how's to us, so it's kinda little bit of this and that to get as close to hers, and all I have of her stuff is an old cookie press that I thought I would use. 
She would always bake these cookies for us during the year end holidays and it was such fun munching up these goodies. Anyhow here's my not perfect butter cookies with Kate, Joel and Tim busy at work. 
Something to remember of mum. 

                                       


250g butter
250g sugar
1 egg
335g flour mixed with a pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract

Cream butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla extract, beating them until well combined. Add the flour and salt. Knead till its pliable. Chill dough for about an hour. Roll dough to your favorite shape. 

Bake them at 200 degree Celsius for 8-10 min. 
Jue



Comments

Popular Posts