Granolla Mix



 This is my favorite breakfast...yes my fail proof homemade granolla mix. I normally sprinkle it over my yogurt or over my breakfast porridge. Most of the time I just snack on it.

All you need is an equal part of oats to seeds and nuts/dried fruits. I'm using four cups of roll oats and four cups of my favorite seeds like, flax, sesame and mixture of nuts of your choice, be it pecan, cashew walnuts or what ever it is in your pantry. For the dried fruits I normally go for apricots, cranberry and raisins.
So go wild with your mixtures as long as it covers four cups.

                                 

4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/4 cup sesame seeds (black and white)
1/4 cup flax seed 1/2 cup flaked coconut 1 cup chopped almonds
**
1/2 cup apricots - cut small
1/2 cup raisins

125ml sunflower oil 250ml honey ( I use about 200ml) 50g soft brown sugar ( I use less, a bit of molasses sometimes) 125ml water 1/8 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 140 deg Celsius.
In a sauce pan heat water, oil, sugar and honey just to a gentle boil, until the is melted. I like to add some molasses at this stage then add cinnamon, salt and extract. Mix well and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients except the dried fruits. Pour the hot syrup over and give it a good mix.

Get two baking sheet and equally fill the tray. Spread out thinly so that it bakes evenly. Bake for one hour, After the hour, toss it about to break up any clumps. Reduce the oven to 120 deg and bake it for another hour. Toss it every now and them.

Leave it to cool and add the dry fruits and toss it again. Store in an air tight jar. You do get quite a large quantity, half it it you think it's too much. Better yet, it makes a nice gift to your loved ones.

Enjoy.
Jue






Comments

Popular Posts