Bread Pudding





I hate soggy bread.
I just can't stand seeing anyone dunking their bread into their coffee or tea cup and trying to ... you know the rest. 
That's the reason why I never made bread pudding for the family even though they love it. So out of great love for them, I made  this for breakfast. I dunno how it taste like but they say it's good, so I suppose it is.

2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
 6 slices bread
1/2 cup raisins
Lemon rind - optional
Almond slices - for sprinkling on top


Heat oven to 180ºC. 
In a saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot.

In large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, extract,  lemon rind and salt. Stir in bread cubes and raisins. Stir in milk mixture. Pour into ungreased deep oven proof dish or pan. Sprinkle the almonds all over.

Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Serve warm with whipping cream or ice cream or better still, some custard.
Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts