Spicy Pickled Vegetable


I had a weird craving for pickles the other day and immediately got on with it. 
Don't be surprised if I tell you that  I ate quite a bit...not quite a bit.
I think I've successfully polished off all the enamel on my teeth.  

This spicy pickled vegetable is  served normally with briyani rice or just plain white rice.


2 cucumber                    }cut lengthwise, seed removed
3 green chilies or red  }

1  carrot                } cut lengthwise
1 unripe mango  }

1 big onions        } quartered
4 clove of garlic}

4 small onion - left whole

5 tbs oil

Seasoning Ingredients
2 tbs sugar
pinch salt
1 cup vinegar

Pounded ingredients
candle nut
1in turmeric
1in shrimp paste -toasted



In a deep large bowl place all the prepared vegetables 
Heat oil in a pan and fry the pounded ingredients till fragrant. Pour the seasoning ingredients and simmer till it boils gently.
Pour the hot liquid over the vegetables and give it a good mix, 




Leave the vegetable to soak for about three hours before serving. You need to give the vegetable a good stir every now and then.
Sprinkle some sesame seed.

Best served with briyani rice.

Enjoy...jue

Comments

Popular Posts